Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Well, I started this blog. Now it seems an eternity since I was on it. So much has happened.
My Monday's are filled with teaching English as a Second Language. I teach beginners in the morning and in the evening. Each class is 2 hours long. I love the people I teach. Most of them are Asian, Pacific Realm. They are mostly Karen people from Mynamar who have been in refugee camps in Thailand. They are wonderful and full of life.
My oldest daughter, married, is having a girl due in Nov.
I have been to Oklahoma for 7 days. I was at Oklahoma Baptist University for training. I now can lead workshop to teach others how to teach ESL. It was a wonderful, exciting, exhausting week. 45 hours of class and 2 to 3 hours of homework each night. But it was wonderful. I met so many great people.
I am Southern Baptist and the training was through the North American Mission Board. It was a definite God week. God was so good that week and is still using me and others to teach not only English but also to teach others about God and Jesus. We have Christian, Buddhists and a few other religions represented in classes. I love these people.
God continues to bless me every day. Satan tries to throw things my way to get me to be too busy. I was given an opportunity to apply for a job that would have been great but God showed me I have all he wants me to do right now. I really don't have time for a paying job. So I would have to give up ESL and that is what Satan would want me to do.
I had a ESL meeting tonight and an unfortunate thing happened with one of my children, disobedience, but I left it and talked her on the phone. I was able to calm her and make my meeting. Satan will not win because God has ordained this ministry.
The meeting went way to late and now as I sit here writing this my little one has fallen asleep in her daddy's office chair. It is time to end and put her and myself to bed. Have to get up in the morning to go to garage sales with my pregnant daughter. Have a great night and day. Until the next time.

1 comment:

~Bren~ said...

Go to this blog and watch the little video she put up....

http://primrosesnpeonies.blogspot.com/2008/07/blogging-block.html

It is exactly what you are talking about!! So true!!!!