Wednesday, August 20, 2008

empty nest again

Well, tomorrow I take Ethan off to Atlanta to Emory College, part of Emory University. This is nubmber four to leave the nest. Edwin gets back to Judson on Sunday. Next Monday, it will be just me, dad, Anya, and Alphia at home each day. Not sure I am ready for both boys to be gone. I won't see Ethan again until Christmas. This is going to be very hard on mom. I am praying this is where God wants him for the next four years. At least, my sister is near by. Hey sis, send your phone number so I can see if we can meet on Saturday near Emory. I lost the slip with your cell on it. God has a purpose for sending Ethan off so far. Mom, will have to trust God to care for him.
At least, Atlanta is just a few hours away by plane. Pray for Ethan. Pray for Edwin and I as we take him to college. i can do this because Christ will give me strength. But I know I will still cry on the way home.

2 comments:

~Bren~ said...

Awwww. I can't imagine how hard this is. He is your baby still in so many ways. But....you have raised an incredible young man who is trustworthy and solid. He will do just fine!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I did not check my computer till this morning. You may have already left. Check your email for phone number

Sis