Thursday, August 28, 2008

just the usual me

This week has been interesting. I didn't get the upstairs done but oh well. I did get Ethan's room for Elizabeth's arrival next week and got a ton of laundry done. I did manage to get the downstairs done. Ethan seems to like college. He is taking weird classes like, medeterrain ancient history, socrates, and intro to Japanese. He is talking about double majoring in international studies and east asian culture. wow!
Edwin started physics at Judson, I am glad i didn't take things like this. j
Anya and Alphia seem to enjoy Rockford academy. they changed the name from rainbow because some of the summer kids got made fun at a camp this summer. Alphia's teacher is really great. She lets Alphia do her thing and keeps her on task.
I am finally finding time to do some reading here and there. I am reading Sarah's Son by Jerry Eicher right now. I am so into the Amish and Mennoite stories. I must be longing for a simplier life. less stress, and go go go.
New ESl books came yesterday. it is time to plan this semester. I need to meet with the 2 teachers I am training to show them how to do lesson plans and use this material.
Finally got Jay Jay a bath and hair cut. he was smelling pretty bad.
Got to stop eating until 9am because i have to go to the doctor tomorrow for annual check up and labs. yuck!!
thinking of teaching Anya how to play the guitar. since I have 2 and i never play anymore. I suppose it is something we could share. I am hoping to get a small keyboard and let Emily teach Alphia the piano.
haven't gotten real deep lately. trying to get past empty nest. God is all that does sustain me.
Hubby says we can go to Atlanta Oct. 17, i think it is. but i have to find someone to take care of anya and alphia. can't afford 4 tickets.
anyone going to the ladies thing at first free in Oct? i think it will be great.
have to make sure my wayward daughters are in their beds where they should have been 30 minutes ago! To my special friend, I am praying for you. Days are good for me to talk so try me anytime. Please let me know if I can pray more specfic and how things are going. If you need me to help any way just let me know. I do have extra rooms if you and your family ever need them, even for a get away weekend, you all are welcome anytime.

1 comment:

Caryn said...

Hey Cindy,

Praying for you through the empty nest time.

I'll call you later in the week...maybe Thursday or Friday. Tuesday I get to go to school w/my youngest for half a day, then he has off until Thursday. So I guess Thursday will be my first full day with all the kids in school. I'm hoping to do something special with him on Wednesday while the girls are in school.

Talk to you soon:-)

Caryn

PS - Finally giving in to overcoming the gray! Bought some haircolor tonight...doing the allergy test and hope to color on Tuesday afternoon while the girls are in school! Pray I don't botch it up!!