Tuesday, September 16, 2008

waiting time

My friend's new granddaughter came into this world today at 5:30 pm. On my friend's blog are the most precious pictures of mother, daddy, baby, grandmother, and great grandmother. They have prayed and anticipated her arrival for weeks. Daddy was blessed to be off work and home when baby arrived. They are so excited and thankful.
I have 7 weeks until Zoey arrives. We are all so excited. Sometimes the wait is hard, hardest on mom to be. But we know she will arrive on time and healthy.
I have so many irons in the fire and people who want them all done yesterday. But watching these young mothers, I am learning that the best does take some time. I am relaxing on my time line. I can't do it all in one week or month. So I am planning ahead and taking time to do each iron right. It will be done as God knows it is time, Just as a baby knows it is time to be born.
My Alphia saw the pictures of the new baby and was so excited. She bubbled all over. She will really be bubbly when Zoey arrives. She wishes for Zoey but quickly adds that she wants Zoey to be "perfect" and on time. She is willing to wait for the right time.
In working with the Karen people, I want them to learn English in record time. But that is unrealistic and if they did, I would miss them so much. I am waiting for Anya to be healed and I know it will come in time. But sometimes like today I wonder if it ever will happen. I wonder if she will let it happen. I would like to see Alphia's learning problems disappear, but that takes time and work. I would like to be out of debt but that takes a lot of time. If God isn't teaching me to wait and let him work, then I don't really know what He wants me to learn. Oh, there are a million other lessons I need to learn and some He is working on now. He has let me see these last few days how He has worked out other things recently and how He is working now.
He is showing me that he took 6 days to form the world, 40 days to flood the earth and restore, how Daniel waited for 21 days for the angel's word from God. Instant is not what God is about. We would all be in trouble if God chose to do a lot of things for us instantly. Instant provisions and never learning work value, instant solving of problems we get ourselves into and then how would we learn not to do it again, No,sometimes instant isn't God's way. Sometimes we get instant healing or quick answer to a question, but usually God wants us to be still and listen, be still and wait upon Him. So now when I am asked about doing all these irons, I can confidently say they will happen, be patient, God will direct and show me the right time. This such a burden off me. I am such an " I want it now" person. To be able to wait, listen, and do things as they can be done is a huge step for me. I am praying tomorrow that I do not undo the lesson I learned today. Congratulations to my friend and her family. They are so precious to me.
Praise God for a healthy new baby and a new one soon. Praise God for his lessons especially when I actually learn one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waiting on the Lord is a very difficult task for us especially in our hurry up society.
"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart: wait, I say, on the LORD." Psalms 27:14
I have learned from experience that all will work out when just give all to the Lord. I sometimes have the problem and just wanting to hide my face in the sand instead of acting and that can be just as frustrating as hurrying and being impatient. Take care
and I will continue to pray for your ELS work and for the healing of the girls and for that special little one coming.

Love you
Sis

~Bren~ said...

Yes...praise God for our new little ones! I can't wait to meet yours! I guess I will have to...God's timing.

Caryn said...

Thanks Cindy!

I needed to read this...the lesson was for me too:-)

Caryn