I figured I would make one last entry for 2008. I wish I had great wisdom to impart but I am still learning. Elizabeth left for England a few hours ago. It was great to have her home.
Anya was watching a show where the adopted girls were looking for their birth mom. Anya got sad. So we talked about it. I also shared finally the news that she has an older sister still in Russia. I explained that the judge would not let us bring the sister home with us as she lived with the grandmother. I told Anya as soon as she learns Russian again, graduates from High School with good grades than I will hire a private detective and go to Russia and find Natalia. She seems happy with that. We will also look for birth mom, but I have my doubts that birth mom may still be alive.
Zoey is now 2 months old. She finally is starting to look like a real baby. She is now over 9 pounds.
She laughs and coos now. She tries hard to talk and is wanting real food. Emily brought her to church Sunday so Granny got to carry her around and show Zoey off to all the other grandmas.
It was so neat.
ESL starts back Monday. It has been hard not seeing my ladies. But I did need the break from teaching. We had been teaching almost every Monday since March. My resolution for 2009 is to visit them in their homes. I got a GPS for Christmas so I can't get lost downtown. I'll actually be able to find their apartments this year.
Resolutions: sure!
I resolve to lose the 15 pounds I gained in 2008!
I resolve to study the Bible more.
I resolve to be a better friend and mentor to the Karen people of Rockford.
I resolve to be a better mom.
One year from today, I will be able to see if any of these resolutions happened in 2009.
I resolve to do these through Christ who strengthens me.
Happy New Year. May we all remember to look to God for all our blessings and needs in 2009.
Remember pray for our country and our President. May God answer our prayers to protect our leaders and to bring our leaders guidance and that they will follow God's leading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Cindy, your resolution to visit your students in their homes...that's one I want to pursue also. I'm going to begin teaching in the town where I live this next week, so I hope to have more opportunities to do that as the students will actually be local. I'll still be teaching in SP also, and will pray for opportunities to gather with my students there as well. It makes such a big difference. I'll be praying for you this next week as you resume classes. We won't start in SP til the 15th, but please pray for a good turnout. Winter tends to put a dent in attendance! --Caryn
Post a Comment