2009. i wonder if it will be the same as the year before. Of course not, but some things haven't changed. I just read a blog from a friend with an adopted child similar to mine. what some days bring!
Anya is being a real challenge now. She has high blood pressure and is overweight and lazy.
The doctor of course has told her diet and exercise is the only way to correct her problems. But that has made her eat more and steal more. So we back off and yet she still eats. I have had to take unpleasant steps to control her eating. After finding her weighing more than me (and I need to drop at least 10lbs), we decided we had to take control. First just didn't buy junk food. What does she do! Opens cans, pasta, frozen foods and eats them. Carrots are healthy, but a whole package in an hour! plus 1/2 container of blueberries and other food. Where was I? In another part of the house. Should I stay with a 12 year old every minute? She sneaks late at night too. If she asks for food, i say one pear or a few carrots, not the entire bag. So in my desperation to help her get healthy, i have locked the refrigerator and the food pantry. She gets 3 meals a day plus snacks. but food is not available all day long. If I want something, then I have to get the key and unlock, so hopefully this will help me too. Anya has always been defiant, but she has taken it to a new level. Now it is not getting up in the morning, not going to bed at night, and not going to church. She waits until we are ready to walk out the door, then expects us to stop and wait for her to get ready. I have left her only to return home and find her lazily watching tv and eating!
I know some of this is normal almost teen behavior and hormones, but she is an extreme. Most kids know when they have pushed Mom and Dad too far, but not Anya. she stays up yelling and trying to argue all night just so she can be in control. Attitude! She has no life, she got kicked off basketball for bad grades, she has little in room. She sneaks to turn on the tv and gets real attitude when it gets turned off. Her favorite thing to do is call us all liars. No matter what she herself has said just minutes before, if she is confronted we are all liars. As I have said she is too big physically for me to take to her room. There is nothing left to ground her from. I have tried taking the she isn't going to get to me route, but eventually i get unwanted help and have to get involved. Siblings and hubby have to have their say which sets her off more. Am I at the end?
No, in the morning, we will do it all again. By 2 biggest concerns for her are her health and her relationships with others. So far, loosing battles, but somehow have to win the war. Her very life, physically, mentally and spiritually, does depend on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yeesh!! Don't I know it! I was going to call you...times are tough $$wise, but Cardinal fitness has a program where you can join your family of 3 for $38 a month (maybe Emily would want to go too). Children 12 and older are allowed. I would join with you and we could take Anya and WORK her butt off literally. Our kids do not respond to us! They just don't, but they will respond to someone else...is there ayone who is willing to spend some time with her once or twice a week? WE really need to get together and do the Maiden's of Virtue series. Why do we not DO somethig with these girls??? It is time. Call me!
I'm sorry Cindy...praying big time for you and Anya!
Post a Comment