Hi everyone, Life has gotten busy not just the grandma thing but so much more. I am now tutoring a 11 year boy from Italy. He speaks some English but grammar seems to be his biggest problem. He is such a joy to teach, he is like a sponge absorbing everything I teach him. His mother speaks no English so he takes his lesson home and teaches it to her. Hopefully soon she will be speaking some English.
Anya and I have gone a better eating diet. Since there are 4 of us at home now, I am making sure we eat healthier. With just the 4 of us and measuring portions, groceries go farther than before. Also, no junk food or sweets and that is hardest on me!
We do allow yogurt. I eat the activa as that helps keep my stomach settled. We have also switched to flavored water as I can't stand water. I need to carbonation to settle my stomach. I finally admitted diet soda isn't good stuff. Anya attitude has gotten a little better since I have been trying to eliminate fructose and other additives. Just bought a freezer full of pork, chicken, and beef without antibiotics and enhancers.
have to go. kids just poured flavored water on the computer!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good for you on the food.
Where did you get your meat??
Sounds like you're making really positive changes! Tutoring sounds great too! I recently got my hands on the Tutoring Children & Youth workbook. They have a section on ESL students too:-) (and suggest that people interested in working with ESL kids attend the ESL workshop). Anyhow, it's good stuff. I'll be presenting a breakout session on Literacy Missions at our upcoming Empower Conf...pray for me!!!
Talk to you soon I hope!
Caryn
Post a Comment