Today was another one of those days that I could have done without from 12noon to 2pm
Ruined the rest of the day. I can do it all was tested. I got criticized royally. And by people who do not have as much experience as I do in the area. I felt as if I was being fired. Of course, I complained and whined. Then finally realized it is not about me, but God. He wants this ESL ministry and with or without me it will go on. I hate church politics especially at the state level and national level. Fortunately God has given me some great support people. Now, I know just to do what God wants, let him take care of these people, and wait on him. I keep saying it out loud hoping it goes to my heart. I feel like someone kicked me in the stomach and slapped me in the face at the same time.
I have been reading 2 Samuel where David has to flee from his own son. Then he is restored. I know God was preparing me for this. Like David, I want to praise God through this.
I can do it all through Christ. Tomorrow will be better. Very busy. My Karen friends are coming over for dinner. That will be fun!! Not a lot of English but fun!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hugs to you, Cindy!
In the words of Ed Young, Jr., He is preparing you for what He has already prepared for you!
May God be glorified through your faithfulness in serving Him and those that He brings to you to be ministered to!
There is NOTHING out there in which God has called us that we will not be persecuted. I know it is hard...first hand I know...but as long as you are pliable to HIS will and stand strong in the face of adversity and persecution, you will be more than a conqerour in Christ Jesus.
It is easy to be persecuted by unbelievers, for they "know not what they do", but Jesus was persecuted by His people. The highest level of church politics there ever was...the Pharissees. Stand strong knowing it is His plan for you to endure this. THIS IS your high calling, to teach ESL and to minister to these special people. Step back and look at what was said and hand it over to God, telling Him if there is any truth, to enlighten you to it. God's truth can hurt sometimes, but I doubt it is meant to hurt the way you described. That sounds more like persecution. Still, be open to any truth in it. You will come out the otherside much stronger for it.
Sis,
Hang in there. I have learned the hard way you can not please all people. Listen, take what you can from it and then continue on with what you feel God has called you to do. Just remember if it is of God the work you are doing will prosper, but if it is of man it will wither. Love you and you know I am proud of what you do. Will be praying for you.
Love ya
Sherry
Post a Comment