I honestly have nothing negative to say today. I was in Madison with my friend, Caryn. She has a lovely family. Caryn is someone just about anyone can relate to. She did an esl workshop and I watched. She did great and finished a few minutes early. It was an exhausting 3 days but fun. On Friday we walked around Lodi, (where she actually lives). There is a pretty creek that runs through the town and is the home of Susy the duck. We saw a lot of ducks, don't know if one of them was Suzy. Caryn made a delicious supper Friday night. I copied her recipe. Can't wait to make it this week.
We had such a good time. On Friday and Saturday on the way to the workshop, we had a great talking to God in the car. It really made the workshop so much better.
I gave a devotional this morning. Of course, it was on doing all through God and how he is never weak or weary. He always equips us to walk and not grow weary, to run and know grow faint.
I was talking about not letting esl and all we do cause burnout. I told them how God has called me to pass the library on to someone else. It was hard but I know this young lady will do a wonderful job. Remember God did not create burnout, humans did in their own strength.
I am ready for some rest. Tomorrow I gear up to get ready for next weekend's workshop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is a great reminder that God did not create burn out. He does not give us more than we can handle. I wanted to share a GREAT video with you. You will find it at the link below. You will need to copy and paste it into your browser I think. It will touch your core.
http://attachinghearts.blogspot.com/2008/08/blog-post.html
Thanks again for coming up here, Cindy! It was awesome to be able to visit with you, and the devotional was a great reminder to me. Amazing that you just happened to pick my favorite verse ever! You were so calm and confident in your deliver...I know that God will give you what you need to do this workshop. I KNOW that!
Btw, that deleted comment was actually mine. I had set up a new blogger account and it said my name was cj, which i realized you probably wouldn't recognized...so I deleted it, fixed the account, and tried again. Didn't know it would show it as deleted. Sorry about the confusion.
Hugs, Caryn
Post a Comment