Friday, September 26, 2008

sifting love ones

A good friend called me today. I was surprised that I have reached the age of mentoring to younger women. I am sure I did not offer her the understanding she expected. But offered her my knowledge by having learned the hard way. I totally understood her perspective as a mother but out of been there done that, I had to offer my learned insight. As I told her I learned about 12 year old girls from observing hers and therefore, learned that my 12 year old isn't as far off as I thought. No matter our age, our stage in life, or walk, there is always something to learn and relearn. God has used this friend to teach me things, but this friend also always makes me smile.
She is so positive and passionate about what God has called her to do. She is quite contagious. As she and I discussed, God has some great things for her family coming up soon. And it is hard as a mother to watch our family especially our children being sifted by God for his glory. I suppose watching our family and children being sifted is a sifting of ourselves as we learn to step back and let God accomplish what he wants in their life. I pray that I will have the wisdom to step up for my children and the wisdom to know when to let God sift.

1 comment:

~Bren~ said...

I too was surprised I am the age of a Titus 2 mentor. I am getting involved in a mentoring program at church and thought I would get a little old woman to mentor me...instead I am getting a 30 year old wife and mother to mentor. WHEN did THAT happen????

Sifting our little girls??? I will need to think on that. I wonder if I get in Gods way where that is concerned.